Friday 16 May 2014

My 52 Week Crochet Challenge: Week 11

Week 11

What kind of crocheter are you? Do you like to follow a pattern exactly as written? Do you like to “wing it” and make things up as you go? Are you a little of both?
52 Week Crochet Challenge 

For me, as my crocheting year have progressed, I'd have to say I'm a little of both (and I say that very loosely) but it depends on what I'm making.  I usually (95% of the time) follow a pattern letter for letter but sometimes I feel an extra step, my personal touch (eg, a cute scalloped edge or extra increases or rounds for sizing or embellishments for decor) may enhance an already awesome pattern.  I don't really "wing it" since I only started making my own patterns recently (and that too, a lot of time and effort goes into creating one...even a simple one.  I'm still learning!!) unless it was a quick scarf for my son when he was a baby or some wash cloths with my left over cotton yarn.  As I said in Week 10, I use to have a difficult time reading patterns and ended up having to rewrite them in order to understand all the abbreviations, so I never, ever, EVER would have tried adding or subtracting from a pattern, and forget "winging it", I wouldn't have even entertain such a crazy idea.  But over the years, I've gotten much more comfortable with my skills and now I do what feels and looks right for a pattern, to me.         

No comments:

Post a Comment