Wednesday 23 July 2014

My 52 Week Crochet Challenge: Week 17

Week 17

Celebrate the First Day of Summer (June 27,2014) by crocheting a beach or summer fun project.

For this weeks project I have decided to crochet my youngest son a summer hat for the beach.  We will be going on holiday to Prince Edward Island, where the sand and dirt is red because of the high iron content.  I've made his hat using pure white cotton in hopes that we can stain it with the sand, dirt and clay to turn the hat a rust colour.  On the island they actually sell shirts, hats, bags...etc that have been stained with island mud, but I thought it would be cooler if we made our own...or at least try.  I used this simple yet cute hat pattern by Kiel Lemon.  I have augmented it slightly to fit my son's head.
My model having too much fun posing for the camera!  



No comments:

Post a Comment