Wednesday 26 March 2014

Cute Summer Hats

As much as I'd like to say summer is fast approaching, it doesn't seem to be happening this year.... at least not yet...so to give me warm thoughts during this very cold spring, I've decided to get a head start on some fun stuff for summer.

To start off, I've decided to make some summer hats.  My boys love their summer hats, always have.  We usually have a few for both so they always have a choice!  I found this great pattern on Craftsy and decided to try it out.  My boys loved it.  I made one for a 6 month old, one for a 3 year old and modified the pattern (pattern is only goes up to 3 yrs) for a 7-9 year old.  There are cute summer themed appliqués, a sun, a starfish, a goldfish, and a boat that come with the pattern.  My boys decided they didn't want any embellishments, so I left the hats as is. 

Leave as is or add a nice scalloped fringe and it would be super cute for a little girl!

I bought the pattern from Craftsy; here is the link.






No comments:

Post a Comment