Wednesday, 14 May 2014

My 52 Week Crochet Challenge: Week 10

So week 9 was a success.  I organized all my patterns on ibooks and now everything is a lot easier to find.  I should have done it from the start, but didn't know my pattern list would grow so fast.  It is now much easier to have my patterns on my ipad instead of desktop, that way I don't have to print anything up!!

Week 10

What was your first completed project?
 52 Week Crochet Challenge

My first completed project was a Shell Baby Blanket I made for my son when I was pregnant with him.  I had just started teaching myself how to crochet a few months prior and this was also the first project that I worked on with real pattern abbreviations.  Before this, I use to print out a pattern and go back and retype it all into a word document with the full words (example, *ch 2, 3 dc in next st, skip 2 sts and 3 dc in next st* rep from * to * till end.  I would have typed this all out as Chain 2, 3 double crochets in the next stitch and then skip 2 stitches and 3 more double crochets in the next stitch and repeat all the way across) so it would be easier for me to read.  It may have taken a lot longer to retype some of my previous patterns out then just winging it, but I needed to do that to get the hang of reading a pattern.  Plus my other patterns were just simple granny squares, this was my first real project.  Unfortunately, the blanket has been put away and stored up for now.  Once my son got older, I packed it away for him to hopefully one day give to one of his kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment